Room For Rent


Happy BBTB2 Monday!!  The BBTB2 "challenge cut" for this week is the rick rack cut from the Plantin School Book cartridge. We could use the rick rack cut any way on any project we choose.  I have to tell you that I have used this cute little cut A LOT, often as a trim or embellishment.  This week the rick rack has become gingerbread trim for my birdhouse. 


Do you know a nice bird that needs a cute little house???  I have a room for rent!  I used three cartridges to create this cute card, Plantin Schoolbook for the rick rack cut, Just Because Cards for the matting layers and card, and Serenade for the bird house layers.  Serenade is a cartridge who's potential I have only begun to explore.  SOOO MANY cute, cute cuts on this cartridge!!

I embellished my bird house card with a strip of  navy ribbon, a blue polkadot daisy, and a bright red button across the bottom of the card.  As you can see in the photo below, I used pop dots to affix the bird house to the matting.  I also added strips of matching paper on the inside of the card.


Have you read the big news over at BBTB2?  We have seven (7!!) new design team members who will be joining the team with next week.  I am so excited to work with these fabulous designers!!!  Welcome ladies! I will have to find some serious MOJO for next week or I will be left in the scrap pile!!!

I have a busy week here at Busy with the Cricky so be sure to stop back tomorrow and see what else I have been up to.