Birthday Card for a Proper Vintage Gentleman


This is a quick birthday card for our motorcycle enthusiast friend, Bill, who I think will be amused at being referred to as a Proper Vintage Gentleman.  Bill's other love in life, besides Ruth and motorcycles, is music.  He owns more guitars than any other single person we know... I believe last I heard he had 28 guitars... 28 Left-handed guitars.  That is why the background is sheet music paper.


I used Graphic 45 cardstock and Bazzil cardstock to create this card.  I found the motorcycle rubber stamp at a stamp show I attended back in February.  When I spied the Harley-like motorcycle stamp I immediately thought of Bill.  I had no idea how I would use the stamp, but I knew it would be on a card for Bill.


In addition to the motorcycle I stamped on the inside of the card, I also stamped the motorcycle on the Graphic 45 cardstock, above the Proper Gentleman phrase.  I used rectangle nesties to cut out the stamped image and wording as well as the scalloped matting, and pop dotted the nesties to the front of the layered card.


I finished the card with a micro dot ribbon and gingham button... Both somewhat vintage looking.... Kind of like Bill!    Happy Birthday, Mr. Bill!!!